July 14, 2015, it was a Tuesday. It started almost like any other Tuesday morning, I woke up, had breakfast and was getting ready for a late morning walk to the beach when my phone rang. It was a number I didn't know so I normally wouldn't pick up, but this wasn't like any other Tuesday. On this particular Tuesday I was awaiting test results from a biopsy I had on a lump located in my right breast. I still feel terrible for the woman on the other end of the line, having to tell this 31 year old woman over the phone that she had breast cancer. Over the phone you say?? Yes I was told over the phone that I had cancer (having no insurance I was dealing with a wonderful women's clinic that didn't have much in the way of funding) and I fell directly to my knees and began to sob.

Since that day I have had 3 surgeries, 8 rounds of IV chemo, 35 rounds of radiation, hormone therapy, and now chemotherapy pills. Oh yes and my original diagnosis of Stage II cancer turned rapidly into a Stage IV diagnosis after a PET scan showed spots on my lungs and I underwent a VATs surgery to determine if the spots were indeed cancer. Since my stage IV diagnosis I have SERIOUSLY changed my lifestyle. Adios all bad habits, hello full blown healthy lifestyle!!!! I love coffee, food and let's be honest I could drink some serious drinkers under the table....well that all changed pretty much over night!

I have spent the past couple of months reading, doing research, talking to people and gathering information. I am aware that what I have done thus far has just scratched the surface of the changes I could and may still make, and that the information is constantly changing, but I do believe that the one thing that will always hold true is that we truly are what we eat. I believe the products we always believed to be healthy probably aren't. I'm constantly learning about nutrition and chemicals and what is in our products. I decided to start this blog just to shed light on what I'm going through, maybe for my friends and family or maybe for someone else out there who is just reading to know that someone else is going through the same thing they are. I'll be talking about the changes I have made when it comes to cleaning products, makeup,
food, nutrition, working with your doctor, integrative medicine, mental health, cannabis use and your health, being your own advocate etc, etc. I would love to make this blog interactive so please feel free to reach out with questions or ideas and let's see what it turns into!!!!

XOXO

Jenny

Comments

  1. Love you, Jenny! You're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I told you lately that I Love You?��❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start! I can't wait to follow your blog Jenny. You may or may not know that my mother passed away at age 53 from metastatic breast cancer. It probably could have been cured, had she gone to the doctor when she first noticed it, but because she was unemployed at the time, with no health insurance, she waited. Over a year or more, until she found another job and then got health insurance. Her father would have gladly paid [and he could afford it!], but her pride kept her from going to him. Sad, but true. The doctor took one look at her breast and said [in an angry voice] "that is stage 4 breast cancer, why did you wait so long!?!?" I am very happy to hear of your self education and pro-activeness in you lifestyle changes, and you overall great attitude! Write-On!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have NO idea why that dumb ManEater picture is there, so you are probably wondering who the hell this is...... it's Tammie Johnson.... :)

      Delete
  4. Incredible, inspiring and courageous. I can't wait to follow along. xo Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erika, miss ya! We could probably do some serious recipe exchanging! 😉

      Delete
  5. I have a ton of respect for the way you are handling this. Having a daughter I am inspired by your strength every time I see one of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bill. I appreciate that! Give that daughter of yours a big squeeze from me!

      Delete
  6. I love it! How very upbeat and generous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fight on Jennie! As Stage III cancer warrior, I'm behind you all the way and can't wait to hear about your side of things. Thank you for being a shining light. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carissa! I hope you're doing well in your fight as well!! Feel free to reach out whenever for anything even if it's just to bitch about treatment to someone who gets it!! Xo

      Delete
  8. Am Richard, I am here to testify about a great herbalist  man who cured my wife of breast cancer. His name is Dr Imoloa. My wife went through this pain for 3 years, i almost spent all i had, until i saw some testimonies online on how Dr. Imoloa cure them from their diseases, immediately i contacted him through. then he told me the necessary things to do before he will send  the herbal medicine. Wish he did through DHL courier service, And he instructed us on how to apply or drink the medicine for good two weeks. and to greatest surprise before the upper third week my wife was relief from all the pains, Believe me, that was how my wife was cured from breast cancer by this great man. He also have powerful herbal medicine to cure diseases like: Alzheimer's disease, parkinson's disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease, Back Pain, Back Sprain, Bipolar Disorder, Brain Tumor, Malignant, Bruxism, Bulimia, Cervical Disc Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, Neoplasms , chronic respiratory disease, mental and behavioral disorder, Cystic Fibrosis, Hypertension, Diabetes, Asthma, Autoimmune inflammatory media arthritis ed. chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease, impotence, alcohol spectrum feta, dysthymic disorder, eczema, tuberculosis, chronic fatigue syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, lupus disease, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis ABC, syphilis, diarrhea, HIV / AIDS, Huntington's disease, back acne, chronic kidney failure, addison's disease, chronic pain, Crohn's pain, cystic fibrosis, fibromyalgia, inflammatory Bowel disease, fungal nail disease, Lyme disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major depression, Malignant melanoma, Mania, Melorheostosis, Meniere's disease, Mucopolysaccharidosis, Multiple sclerosis, Muscular dystrophy, Rheumatoid arthritis. You can reach him Email Via drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com / whatsapp +2347081986098

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Giving IN

Back To The Drawing Board

Caught in an identity crisis...