Opinions are like a.........

We've all heard the saying.....we all know what it means. And we certainly all know people with pretty strong opinions, but everyone has got one. You aren't original for having one, however original you may think yours is. Having cancer means being subjected to LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of opinions. From EVERY direction. For those who have gotten married or had children I'm sure you are familiar with how common it was for just any ole person to give you parenting/pregnancy/wedding day opinions, as if you had been waiting for the right person to come along and tell you how to live your life. And that maybe you'd be lost without it, if they didn't share. Please don't misunderstand, I am a highly opinionated person, and I'm generally highly willing to share my opinion no matter how controversial it may be. And while most of us truly believe and truly may be helping another person by sharing our opinion, some of us may also consider learning HOW to share said opinion.

This past Thursday I had chemotherapy and while I was in one of the many waiting rooms I am forced to be in I snapped a selfie for instagram and sent it off into the great void that is the inter webs. Whenever anyone shares anything on social media they are sending it out to be critiqued, that's not their intention but that's what the social media world is doing. It's always deciding what's "good enough" to garner likes and comments and what isn't. I started my breastcancerchronicles IG account as a way to share this aspect of my life with people. It ranges from selfies at chemo to photos and recipes of the healthy food/products I use and make; my goal is to share what it is actually like living with this disease. The ins and outs of doctors appointments, cooking, and trying to be a normal almost 35 year old woman who happens to be living with a very serious condition. I made a decision to be brave enough to put myself out there to be critiqued and share my vulnerabilities. With that being said this weekend someone came onto my page and it was honestly a small exchange, but it triggered me right into tell this person to kindly f**k off.

An IG user with no photo, a private account and about 60 followers decided to comment on the selfie of me at chemotherapy and just ask "why didn't you choose alternative treatments?" And immediately I got irritated. Maybe I shouldn't have but I knew where this was going. So I decided to kindly reply and say "Unfortunately my cancer is incredibly aggressive, when I go totally natural treatments it spreads like wildfire and isn't strong enough to control it. I believe in integrative medicine. If I want to stay alive I have to stay integrative." Hoping this would suffice and said IG user would be satisfied and not push more. That hope didn't last long as within minutes this person was then giving unsolicited advice, "You know you can do a lot with food and you should really try some Ayurvedic methods." The exchange went slightly further and ended with me telling said user to Kindly......you know the rest.

WHY DO WE FEEL THE NEED TO DO THIS?

Listen, I could have stayed calm and explained to this person that my treatment was my personal choice and I appreciate you wanting to share but I am comfortable with my current treatment plan and ignored anything else. And honestly a part of me wishes I had just done that. I am really working on creating space between when I am triggered and how I react. Don Miguel Ruiz calls this space GRACE, and wouldn't it be nice to add a little more grace to you life? I know I could DEFINITELY use some. I didn't do that though, I got slightly aggressive as I do. This persons reaction was what I thought it would be, calling me a nasty person, and generally blaming me for my illness. That's fine-maybe I was being nasty. You know what though? They were being flat out WRONG. And I will explain why I feel this way....

Unless you are living with this disease, and you are experiencing what I am experiencing then you have NO right to be judgmental about what treatment course I have chosen. If there is one major lesson I have learned in this (spoiler alert: there isn't ONE there are so many, and so many HUGE IMPORTANT ones I'm not even sure I've wrapped my head around them yet) it's that we all need to be A LOT LESS judgmental about what other people are doing/wearing/dating/saying/being....all of it. Because at the end of the day YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE GOING THROUGH/HAVE GONE THROUGH. We make so many snap judgements, and we always want to think our opinion is the correct opinion. And it may be the correct opinion-for YOU. I have learned so much about food/diet and general health stuff, and I share it. Occasionally I may have a slightly judgmental opinion about what people are deciding to put in their bodies-but I don't share it all that often. I will share knowledge just so you are informed of the decision you are making, and that may irritate you. But it's knowledge-not an opinion and then you are free to choose whatever you like without me thinking you are less intelligent than I.

If you do not have cancer DO NOT offer your opinion on someone else's treatment plan. If you watch/read/see something about an alternative treatment or a new treatment or something that may help someone you care about with their health (cancer. MS, chrons-anything) share it with them in a manner in which they are the ones handling their treatment but you are just offering them information-WITHOUT your judgements. The problem with how this IG user approached the situation was that they just came in with a question that was FUELED with their judgements-"Why didn't you choose alternative treatments?' already makes me not really want to share with this person. How do they know I didn't? Did they even look through my IG or read anything before deciding that my chemotherapy was the wrong choice and their Ayurvedic methods would be the right one for me? Or ask my medical history, or read my blog? I'm guessing not. I'm guessing they saw that I was getting chemotherapy, said to themselves "oh this girl is doing chemo? why wouldn't she choose alternative? I'm going to go tell her she's wrong and poisoning herself and teach her how to heal herself." It's incredibly egotistical to assume that YOU know what's better for someone else's life than THEY do.

This country is divided, the government is a mess, the health care system is a disaster, everyone is arguing, and posting opinions and yelling at each other. I know I feel TONS of external anxiety and am fearful every day. We need to be supporting and uplifting each other. Listening instead of always talking. Supporting each other instead of tearing each other down. We should be understanding that what works for us may not work for someone else, instead of judging the other person for doing what works for them. When we support each other and lift each other up some incredible things can happen.


XOXO,

Jenny

Comments

  1. I recently have some difficult conversations and I did what a lot of people do when they want to know how to do something. I googled it. I came across Dr Williams herbal medicine on YouTube so many people thanking him about his good work. I also have lungs cancer. I wasn’t running all over God’s creation with every man I could find but here I am. I have felt bad about myself for so many years now because of my cancer status. I obviously still have some self-accepting to do but I want to thank Dr Williams for everything he have done for my family ,after taking Dr Williams medicine i was completely free from lungs cancer within one month of usage, I think what you are doing is so admirable. you have helped me a lot! I want to definitely reach out to you and thank you for your amazing work. You are a good person, and an extremely talented man. You have helped millions with your herbs, and have really inspired me,and i pray you still continue doing the good work.you can also email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daniela Camara.
       I am overwhelm with joy and happiness and i am happy to share this with you all around the world about how Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME cured HERPES VIRUS...ever since i was diagnosed of Herpes virus in 2015, I was always thinking on how  I can get a solution out of my body so that i can be okay again. Until One day I went online on the internet to know more about the Herpes Virus i came across a Review Comment many people are saying that Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME cured their Herpes Genital Virus, I did not believe, i search again and i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from HPV AND HIV by Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME..and i decided to contact Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME to Help and i told him about my HERPES illness he told me not to worry about,that he is going to send me his herbal medicine and actually he did.i took the medicine just as prescribe by him, he told me to go for check up in the hospital which i did and to my great surprise my Doctor told me the Herpes Virus was no longer there, all thank to you sir Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME, contact his WhatsApp Number: +2347030936239 .His email: dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com. His herbs are very powerful and has no side effects. He can cured all kinds of Viruses, diseases, sicknesses.

      Delete
  2. TESTIMONY ON HOW I CURED MY CANCER! . All thanks too @dr_adazal6Hey! I can,t believe this. A great testimony that i must share to all cancer patient in the world i never believed that their could be any complete cure for lung cancer or any cancer,i saw people testimony on blog sites of how @dr_adazal6  Simpson cannabis oil brought them back to life again. i had to try it too and you can’t believe that in just few weeks i started using it all my pains stop gradually and i had to leave without the drugs the doctor gave to me. Right now i can tell you that for months now i have not had any pain, and i have just went for text last week and the doctor confirmed that there is no trace of any cancer system. Glory be to God for leading me to this genuine Man Dr adazal  Simpson. I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that their is no cure for cancer that is Not true, just contact him and get cannabis oil from dr.adazal  Simpson to cure your cancer and you will be free and free for ever, Try it and you will not regret it because it truly works. One thing i have come to realize is that you never know how true it is until you try. There is no harm in trying. Remember, delay in treatment leads to death. Here is his com Contact him and be free from cancer! I wish you a quick recovery WhatsApp number+. +2348073688335  or email via dr.adazalherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniela Camara.
     I am overwhelm with joy and happiness and i am happy to share this with you all around the world about how Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME cured HERPES VIRUS...ever since i was diagnosed of Herpes virus in 2015, I was always thinking on how  I can get a solution out of my body so that i can be okay again. Until One day I went online on the internet to know more about the Herpes Virus i came across a Review Comment many people are saying that Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME cured their Herpes Genital Virus, I did not believe, i search again and i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from HPV AND HIV by Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME..and i decided to contact Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME to Help and i told him about my HERPES illness he told me not to worry about,that he is going to send me his herbal medicine and actually he did.i took the medicine just as prescribe by him, he told me to go for check up in the hospital which i did and to my great surprise my Doctor told me the Herpes Virus was no longer there, all thank to you sir Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME, contact his WhatsApp Number: +2347030936239 .His email: dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com. His herbs are very powerful and has no side effects. He can cured all kinds of Viruses, diseases, sicknesses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to share a testimony, how i was cured from Herpes by DR AGUGU with his herbal remedy. I don't know where to start, I'm 33 years old and i was diagnoses of genital herpes diseases for 5 years. i lost all hope in life but on like any other i still searched for a cure even on the internet and i saw a comment were a lady testify how she was cured by Dr AGUGU i could not believe it at first, i contacted him, He sent me his herbal remedy i used it for 2 weeks and the Herpes virus was cured completely. I went for medical check and the result was negative from Herpes.
    For those who have the same problem, or any STD should contact Dr AGUGU via email: agugusolutionhome@gmail.com you can also call or WhatsApp +2349123794867

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Giving IN

Back To The Drawing Board

Caught in an identity crisis...