The Results Are In....

Last week I had a PETscan. I hadn't had one since the end of December and at that point things weren't looking good. This was the first scan since the loss of my good friend and fellow metavivor, Michelle. Normally we are texting back and forth about our anxiety and calming each other down. This time felt different without having her around, although I believe she's on the other side helping me out! This past December my PETscan had revealed that the cancer was spreading again and it was happening pretty fast. Fear took hold of me once again and I knew I needed to step it up and re-commit to all the little things I know keep me healthy. I have completely cut out alcohol, it's been 4 months without it which is kind of insane considering how much I used to drink. Saw my holistic health doctors, tightened up my diet, and upped my cannabis oil intake. My oncology team decided current treatments needed to be changed and fast because the Letrozole was clearly not working. I had a liver and breast biopsy to help us determine if our new plan would still be effective (side note on this- Breast cancer is generally "fed" by one of three hormones Estrogen, Progesterone, and HER2 and this is how they determine which line of treatment would work best. Mine was originally ER/PR+ and HER2-, biopsies help determine if this is still the case or if the cancer has morphed, thus ensuring the best line of treatment possible). The biopsy of my liver came back negative which left me perplexed but also very happy. The biopsy of the breast revealed that it only had Estrogen fueling it. When we changed my treatment we added Faslodex,  two shots in the each cheek, and I don't mean the ones of my face. Faslodex keeps my ovaries from producing estrogen. Then one in the back of the arm once a month, called Xgeva which is used to keep my bones strong in the places they have been weakened by cancer preventing them from breaking. I also take a chemotherapy pill called Affinitor, which I take every night before bed.

I was nervous to get my results but also felt a calm confidence that everything was going to be ok. My numbers were dropping quickly and now I had Michelle looking over me! You better believe I was still talking to her like she was here with me! The results came in and my entire oncology team and I let out a HUGE sigh of relief. The cancer is retreating once again. I am not clear, there is cancer still there. But it's not progressing right now, treatment is WORKING. At my appointment last week we were all smiles and laughter and my doctor actually told me I was and I quote "amazing" and I've decided to believe him!! This was the first time my doctors admitted how nervous they had been. After the intense chemotherapy I endured last year seeing the cancer grow so aggressively was disheartening to say the least. But I couldn't give up, I can't ever give up. It's a very strange thing when people tell me I'm "inspiring" honestly I just don't want to die right now, I'm not ready, I have things to do!!!!! It doesn't feel inspiring it feels like a lot of work, if I'm being totally honest. But this work is seemingly worth it. At this moment I'm feeling good, energy is great (aside from the fact that I have a hard time sleeping past 6am no matter when I went to bed!) and I feel quietly confident that I am going to be ok.

When I was first diagnosed Stage IV and I saw that the average life span of someone living with this disease was 2 years, I lost it. I was planning my funeral, and I'm not being dramatic. I've had a lot of thoughts about getting my will in order and getting ready to die. Yet something inside me keeps saying NO. NO, this isn't it. This isn't your story. I'm stubborn as all hell and this fight is no exception, it will come against the FULL range of my stubbornness and I will not back down. I will fight until I can't any longer. It's been a little over a year and a half from my stage IV diagnosis and 2 1/2 years since my mets (metastatic breast cancer) was seen in my lungs. So I'm already beating the odds.

The American Cancer Society states that the five year survival rate of women with my diagnosis is 22%. So 22% of us live at least 5 years after diagnosis. Not great odds, but I KNOW I can be in that 22%. 2-3% of women with Metastatic Breast Cancer will live a normal life expectancy. 2-3%!!!!! So why couldn't that be me? That statistic, that small 2-3% is what I chase after every single day. I'm not settling at 5 years. I'm shooting for the finish line.

So here I am now, almost 3 years from my original diagnosis. May of 2015 was the first time I felt the lump in my breast, by mere accident. My stomach immediately dropped and my whole body got nervous. I cannot believe how long ago that was. I cannot believe how much my life has changed in that period of time and I couldn't be more thankful with where I am today. Have I loved or even liked every moment? That'd be a real hard no. But those times are what make the good times that much better. It makes me love those perfect life moments even more. It has made me love the people that love me even more than I already do. When someone's greatest fear becomes their reality they don't have much in life to be fearful of anymore. I have nothing to lose, I am choosing to stay alive every day. If I didn't want to it'd be very easy for me to just let the cancer run it's course on my body and go see the other side. But I want to be here, and every day I remember that. I want to be doing the work I'm doing. I want to be experiencing every thing life has to offer; the pain, the joy, all of it.

There is no light without darkness.

XOXO,

Jenny

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave a comment or email me at jennypagliaro@gmail.com


Comments

  1. As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from CANCER, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My wife suffered cancer in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because she was my all and the symptoms were terrible, she always complain of abnormal vaginal bleeding, and she always have pain during sexual intercourse. . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the cure to cancer . I never imagined cancer. has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it and in one months time she was fully okay even up till this moment she is so full of life. cancer. has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently have some difficult conversations and I did what a lot of people do when they want to know how to do something. I googled it. I came across Dr Williams herbal medicine on YouTube so many people thanking him about his good work. I also have lungs cancer. I wasn’t running all over God’s creation with every man I could find but here I am. I have felt bad about myself for so many years now because of my cancer status. I obviously still have some self-accepting to do but I want to thank Dr Williams for everything he have done for my family ,after taking Dr Williams medicine i was completely free from lungs cancer within one month of usage, I think what you are doing is so admirable. you have helped me a lot! I want to definitely reach out to you and thank you for your amazing work. You are a good person, and an extremely talented man. You have helped millions with your herbs, and have really inspired me,and i pray you still continue doing the good work.you can also email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to Dr Williams. This is really great information. Check another site IV Hydration it's very helpful site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Sophie from Canada, I once suffered from a terrible and Chronic breast cancer ,since 30years now , the doctor told me there was no permanent cure i was given medications to slow down its progress, i constantly felt my health was deteriorating as i constantly go out of breath,and this illness was really terrible especially when am going out with my friends, i have this constant breast disorder for about 30 years, this was really a terrible illness ,on thin one day that i was going through the internet,and i came across a post of Mrs shelley on how his husband was been cured from colon cancer through the help of Dr Williams herbal product, I contacted this herbal doctor via his email and explain everything to him and make purchase of his product,few days later he sent me the herbal medicine through courier service, when i received the herbal medicine, i used it for 1 months as prescribed by Dr Williams and i was totally cured within those week of usage,on thin now i have not experience any sign or characteristics again . for more information you can email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Giving IN

Back To The Drawing Board

Caught in an identity crisis...